Maybe you know one of the famous food in NY is a bagel but I have never tried to have it there even though I went to NY last weekend and went to a famous bagel place. (I don't know why but I ordered a panini there... that's funny!) I feel a little bit regret about it so that's why I immediately decided to make a bagel sandwich for lunch when I remembered that I had a leftover chicken teriyaki!!
Do you think chicken teriyaki bagel is kind of strange because teriyaki is Japanese but bagel is not? But actually there are so many teriyaki sandwiches in Japan and Japanese people love it!!! Basically they use normal sandwich breads, but I am sure a bagel goes with teriyaki very well also!!
Teriyaki chicken bagel
- 1 sesame bagel
- 1 slice of chicken teriyaki
- 1 slice of cheese
- 3 green-curl lettuce leaves
- cherry tomates
- Toast a sliced bagel and spread desired amount of mayonnaise both side
- Put a slice of cheese on the chicken teriyaki and heat them in a microwave oven or grill until cheese is melting
- Wash lettuce leaves and wrap them in a kitchen paper to remove water and then tear and put on the bottom of the bagel
- Put chicken teriyaki and half cut cherry tomatoes on the lettuce
- If you have extra teriyaki sauce in the container, you can add some mayonnaise and mix them very well. It is sandwich sauce so put this sauce on the chicken teriyaki. If not, put just mayonnaise.
- Put a top of bagel slice on the chicken teriyaki