8/31/2012

Stir-fried yu-choy with ponzu dressing



One of my friends gave me a chinese green vegetable, the name is "Yu-choy". (Japanese pronunciation is "ใ‚†ใกใ‚‡ใ„" )  Do you know it?  Actually, I didn't know and it was first time to see it.





She said that it tastes like a Japanese mustered spinach and has nice texture.  I was really curious so I tried to cook this immediately after I got my home!


Stir-fried yu-choy with ponzu dressing

  • 1 pack of yu-choy
  • 3 eggplants
  • 1 Table spoon sesame oil
  • 1 tea spoon chopped garlic
  • salt

◆ponzu dressing
  • 1 Table spoon sesame oil
  • 3 Table spoons ponzu
  • 1 tea spoon white sesame seed

  1. Mix all ingredients of the ponzu dressing
  2. Wash yu-choy and cut it about 2 inches in length, and wash and slice eggplants into wedges
  3. Put sesame oil in a pan and heat it with low fire
  4. Put chopped garlic into a pan with low fire and wait until you can smell garlic
  5. Put cut eggplants into a pan and stir-fry with medium fire
  6. Make sure eggplants are stir-fried very well, put cut yu-choy and stir-fry them with medium fire quickly and put a little bit of salt.  Don't stir-fry too much!
  7. Serve stir-fried eggplant and yu-choy and put dressing on it



What my friend said is absolutely true!  It tastes like some Japanese vegetables so goes with Japanese seasonings very well!!  Oh actually, yu-choy has lots of vitamin A, C and calcium.  So it is good for your health, I think.  Let's try if you find this vegetable :))

No comments:

Post a Comment