10/05/2012

Black sesame seed ice cream



 To be honest, I was not trying to make an ice cream.  Actually I wanted to make a black sesame seed pudding which was like a blancmange.  I don't know why but it seems like that I did some mistakes during cooking.  Usually liquid for pudding could set after a couple hours but when I checked it next morning, it was still a liquid state...  At that time, I was so disappointed because I wanted to give this one to my friend who was coming to my home.  But I pulled my self together and tried to put it in the freezer for trail.  Surprisingly,  it could become a really tasty ice cream!

I have made ice cream but it needs a lot of ingredients and the process is a bit complicated for me.  But I could this ice cream really easily and used just simple ingredients.  Actually, non oil and non egg but even though that, the texture is so smooth because the corn starch works well I think.

Anyway, I am happy to find this recipe!!


Black sesame seed ice cream (3〜4 serves)

  • 2 cups of whole milk
  • 4 Tbs of ground black sesame seed
  • 4 Tbs of brown sugar
  • 4 Tbs of corn starch

1,  Put all ingredients in a small pot and mix them very well with a whipper

2,  Heat it with low fire and stir it with a wood spatula constantly
3,  After become thick like the below picture, turn off fire and put the liquid in a container and leave it until cool down

4,  Put it in the freezer and mix with a folk 2 times at intervals of two or three hours




Not only I  but also my friend was so surprised about that!  It was too tasty to believe that it was made form some mistake and had just simple ingredients.

I am sure I'll definitely make variety of flavors though autumn has already came.  But also I should challenge to make a pudding again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment