10/09/2012

Sweet chili Tofu Donburi



Unfortunately it was a so bad day today.  I don't know why but I really missed Japan and felt like I could live in Boston no longer.  No no, be strong and cheer up!!  My strong point is that I am a really simple person so I though maybe I could be fine when I had nice food.  I was trying to make some hearty meal.  Actually I wanted to have some meat!

But the bad news again.  I didn't have any meat in the fridge and there were only one pack of tofu and some vegetable in the fridge.  But I had no energy to go to grocery shopping.  So I tried to make some food with only really healthy ingredients.

I was kind of nervous because I even felt like if I couldn't make good food, it had to make me feel so sad and I couldn't get over...


Sweet chili Tofu Donburi
  • 1 bowl of cooked rice
  • 1/2 pack of soft tofu (half pound)
  • potato starch
  • 1 Tbs of olive oil
  • 1/2 of a green onion
  • baby spinach
  • fruits tomato
  • mayonnaise
Sweet chili sauce
  • 2 Tbs of tomato ketchup
  • 1 tsp of sugar
  • 2 tbs of soy sauce
  • 2 Tbs of mirin
  • 5 Tbs of water
  • 1 tsp of chopped or ground garlic
  • 1 tsp of gouchujang

1,  Cut green onion into thin slices and fruits tomato into half
2,  Mix all ingredients of sweet chill sauce in a small cup
3,  Wrap tofu with kitchen paper and put it on the microwave for 2 minutes
4,  Cut the tofu into 4 pieces and coat all sides in potato starch
5,  Heat a pan and olive oil until quite hot and all sides of tofu until light brown

6,  Wipe of the oil in a pan with kitchen paper and add sweet chill sauce

7,  Boil the sauce down to a proper consistency
8,  dish up cooked rice in a rice bowl and put baby spinach and fruits tomato then put tofu and sauce.  After that, put mayonnaise and green onion slices



Actually I didn't hope for nice taste but unexpectedly it was really tasty!!  Ooooooh, so yummy♡



After dinner, I became to be totally fine!  I am happy to be such a simple person, haha :))  I realized how good food is important for me!!



And of course, coold beer also♡



I hope tomorrow can be a good day for not only me but also for you guys!!  I'm going to bed hoping that... Have a good night☆


No comments:

Post a Comment