10/24/2012

Shrimp ball ginger soup





My mom came to Boston this June to see me.  She stayed for two weeks and went to a lot of places together.  Also I cooked together a couple of times.  It was so much fun for me and I hope to cook with her sometime soon.

I went grocery shopping today and found big shrimp sale.  I remembered that my mom made shrimp ball when we cooked together, which was so beautiful and tasty!  So I bought shrimps and tried to make shrimp ball remembering how she made it.


Shrimp ball ginger soup (2 serves)
  • 6 pieces of raw shiitake mushroom
  • 0.2 pound of raw shrimp(☆)
  • 1 Tbs ob edamame(☆)
  • 1 Tbs of corn starch(☆)
  • 1 tsp of ground ginger(☆)
  • 1 tsp of soy sauce(☆)
  • 3 cups of water(★)
  • 2 tsp of ginger(★)
  • 2 tsp of dashi powder(★)
  • 1 tsp of yuzu pepper(★)
  • 1 tsp of soy sauce(★)
  • 5 pieces of okra 
  • 2 tsp of corn starch
  • 2 tsp of water

1,  Peel shrimps and remove the digestive tract from the back of the prawn and chop to a paste.  Chop edamame to small pieces.  Mix all (☆)very well.


2,  Remove stalks from shiitake mushrooms and put shrimp paste on it.

3,  Boil them in hot water until color changes pink and remove.

4,  Cut okras into thick slices.  Add all of (★)in a pot.  After boil, add cut okra and boil it.

5,  Pour soup in a bowl and put shrimp balls on each cup.


This soup has a really delicate and deep flavor!  Also I added ginger so it made me warm up very much.  It's really cold tonight so I am sure I can avoid getting a cold with this soup :))


No comments:

Post a Comment