10/21/2012

Kabocha pumpkin soup



I went to the Charles river to see the regatta race today.  Fortunately, the weather was so nice and so many people were along the river!!  It looked like a kind of festival!  I was so surprised how popular the regatta was in Boston!!


The views that a lot of boat were floating on the shining river and the players were rowing their boats were incredibly beautiful!!


I also saw pretty ducks♡  So cute♡♡



Actually I didn't know about the regatta race so much (sorry, but it's not so famous in Japan...)  but even so, I enjoyed and had so much fun!  I hope I can see again next year :))

It was warm but even so I was there for long hours so felt really cold and hungry when I got my home. I had leftovers of boiled kabocha pumpkin I made the day before yesterday so I made a pumpkin soup for dinner quickly!


Kabocha pumpkin soup (3〜4 serves)
  • 1 pound of boiled kabocha pumpkin
  • 2 cups of whole milk
  • 1/2 pf onion
  • 4 slices of bacons
  • 1 Tbs of butter
  • 1 tsp of soy sauce
  • 3 Tbs of cheese

1,  Cut onion into thin slices and bacon into one-bite sizes.  Remove skin from kabocha pumpkin and cut the skin into small pieces.


2,  Heat a pan and butter with low fire and stir-fry onion and bacon until onion become pliant



3,  Add kabocha pumpkin and stir-fry mashing it


4,  Add milk and cover then boil until quite hot.  Add cut skin, soy sauce and cheese and mix well



It was so sweet and tasty even thought I made less than 15 minutes!!  This soup made me warm up so much that I am sure I can sleep well tonight.


Have a good night and sweet dreams☆

No comments:

Post a Comment