10/14/2012

Seaweed garlic risotto with Shrimp and Edamame



I was looking forward to coming today because I had a plan to have lunch with my friends.  It has been 4 months since I met them last time so I was so excited!!  We went to a dim sum restaurant in China town and ordered so many dim sums like dumpling, steamed meat ban, turnip cake, spring roll…and more! (It was so tasty that I completely forgot to take pictures... ;(( )  I really enjoyed nice food and talking with them.  Actually we talked over 4 hours!  It was so much fun.  Recently they are so busy for working and studying and work so hard for their dream so today they really inspired me.  I though I had to make more effort like them!!  Thank you, friends :)

Anyway, when I got to home, I was so happy and full but after a couple of hours I felt hungry suddenly.  I remembered that the Japanese risotto I made this week was so good.  I was almost addicted to it so made another kind of Japanese risotto tonight!


Seaweed garlic risotto with Shrimp and Edamame
  • 180cc of white rice
  • 2 Tbs of olive oil
  • 600cc of hot water (☆)
  • 1 Tbs of dashi powder (☆)
  • frozen shrimp as much as you like
  • edamame as much as you like
  • 1 sheet of seaweed sheet
  • 4 Tbs of mozzarella cheese
  • 1 Tbs of fried garlic
  • 1 tsp of soy sauce
  • black pepper

1,  Put (☆) in a pot and heat until quite hot then keep it warm
2,  Heat olive oil and a pan until hot and add white rice (don't wash!!) then stir-fry for 5 minutes with low fire
3,  Add 1/3 of  dashi soup and boil until dry
4,  Add another 1/3 of dashi soup and boil until dry and do same thing again.  It takes 10 minutes since you add dashi soup first time.
5,  Add frozen shrimp and edamame and boil until shrimp changes color completely
6,  Take a pan off a fire and add teared seaweed sheet, fried garlic, cheese, soy sauce and pepper then mix well


I realized that a seaweed sheet went with cheese very well!  You should try it!!




By the way, my friends and I went to a pastry shop after lunch.  I think it is the best pastry shop in Boston!  I bought some cakes home as dessert.

Look!  So beautiful!!


Tiramisu, key lime tart and creme brûlée... Mmm...yum yum yum♡

It was a really nice Sunday.  I feel like I can do my best next week:))  Thank you so much for today.  I look forward to meeting you guys again sometime soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. I’m really lucky and so glad that after surfing the web for a long time I have found out this information.

    Executive Motels

    ReplyDelete