10/12/2012

Hijiki Tofu Hamburg



Do you know "Hijiki"?  It's  one of Japanese seaweed and good for lots of Japanese food like boiled dish, rice boll, Takikomi-gohan and more.  So Japanese people are familiar with it very much.  We often use dried one.  Originally the color is deep green it changes the color to black like this picture after crop.

I heard that recently so many American people like hijiki because it has a lot of nutritions like calcium and iron and actually the half of it is just fiber!  So it's super healthy!!  And to ladies's joy it even makes their skin moisture and white.  Of course, taste really good!




Tonight I made a tofu hamburg with hijiki.  I needed some healthy food because recently I was addicted to potato chips...  I know I can become fat easily if I eat too much but can't stop eating because American potato chips are so nice!!

Anyway, I'm showing how to make a tofu hamburg form now!!


Hijiki Tofu Hamburg (2 serves)
  • half pound of silk tofu (☆)
  • 1 Tbs of dried hijiki (☆)
  • 1/3 of carrot (☆)
  • 4 Tbs of panko (☆)
  • 2+1/2 Tbs of mayonnaise (☆)
  • 1 tsp of dashi powder
  • 1/2 tsp of soy sauce (☆)
  • 1 tsp of corn starch (☆)
  • 1 Tbs of sesame oil
  • Seaweed sheet
  • ponzu or soy sauce for sauce

1,  Wrap tofu with kitchen paper and put it on the microwave for 2〜3 minutes for draining
2,  Chop carrot into small pieces and cut seaweed sheet into long and narrow
3,  Add 3 Tbs of water to hijiki and leave for 20 minutes until completely soft (If you use tepid water, leave for 10 minutes)
4, Put all of  (☆) in a container and mix them very well with folk

5, Put a bit of oil on your hand and make four flat bolls then wrap with seaweed sheet (If it's too soft to do that, add some panko.)


6,  Add some corn starch all side

7,  Heat a pan and sesame oil until quite hot and sauté tofu hamburg with medium fire until brown
8,  Add ponzu or soy sauce when you eat




This time I just add soy sauce and ponzu when I ate but actually other sauce can go well with this hamburg, for example, lemon juice, sesame sauce, dashi, ground daikon radish, miso and mayonnaise...and more!!  Please try your original sauce and if you find your favorite one, let me know!

Oh actually, I haven't eaten any potato chips yet today.  Yeah :))

No comments:

Post a Comment