10/20/2012

Ginger hijiki takikomi gohan



The takikomi gohan I made last month was really good!  Actually one of my friends said it was the best takikomi gohan he had eaten in his whole life!  I was so glad that was thinking to make another flavor one since then.

I bought a lot of ground chicken these days because it was on sale but actually I was not familiar with cooking ground chicken so I wanted to make something with it somehow otherwise it could be getting worse so quickly!!

Therefore I made the takikomi gohan with ground chicken tonight.  I don't think it's not so popular to use ground chicken for takikomi gohan but I think it's gonna be great because ground meat has a lot of juice and they can get seasoning a lot!!


Ginger hijiki takikomi gohan
  • 1+3/4 cups of white rice
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 carrot
  • 1/2 pound of ground chicken
  • 1+1/2 Tbs of hijiki
  • 3 Tbs of sugar ()
  • 1Tbs of mirin ()
  • 4Tbs of soy sauce ()
  • 2 Tbs of ground ginger
  • Edamame

1, Wash the rice and leave it in the water in the cooker for 1 hour or so
2,  Cut carrot into thinly slices.  
3,  Add 4 Tbs of water to hijiki and leave for 20 minutes until completely soft (If you use tepid water, leave for 10 minutes)
3,  Put 3 cups of water in a large pan and heat and boil
4,  Add ground chicken to boiled water and break chunks with a spatula then skim the scrum carefully


5,  Add carrot, hijiki and all of () and boil until cooking water become about half


6,  Add the ingredients and 3 Tbs of cooking water to the rice and start the rice cooker.  After it's done, mix well.

7,  Serve takikomi-gohan in a bowl and put edamame on the top


It looks beautiful and of course taste good!  I think the ginger made this much more tasty and also it's good for the coming cold season because ginger make you warm up and good for your health.




By the way, I'm gonna go to the Charles river to watch the head of  the Charles Regatta race tomorrow!  It's a really famous boat race in Boston and over 300 thousand people are coming every year!  It's first time for me to watch the race so I'm so excited!  Hope tomorrow is gonna be beautiful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment