10/08/2012

Daikon radish salad with ume plum dressing



It was "Columbus day" today.  Columbus found the Americas about 510 years ago so it's a big holiday as celebration.  Since a happy monday today and yesterday I met one of my friend after a long time who came form Japan, I had wine kind of too much last night because I was so happy!  That's why this morning I wanted to have something refreshing.

Do you know Japanese ume plum (called umeboshi)?  It's a kind of pickles.  It's really sour and refreshing. 



 It has a lot of citric acid so makes you recovery from fatigue and to my joy it even helps recovering from a hangover!  That's great so I made a salad with ume plum dressing.


Daikon radish salad with ume plum dressing
  • 0.75 pound of daikon radish
  • 1/2 of green onion
  • 1 sheet of seaweed sheet
  • 0.15 oz of dried bonito shaves
Ume plum dressing
  • 3 pieces of ume plum 
  • 3 Tbs of olive oil
  • 1/2 Tbs of soy sauce
  • 1/4 tsp of wasabi

1,  Remove a seed from ume plum and chop it to a paste with a knife then mix all ingredients of dressing

2,  Cut a daikon radish into julienne strips (called Katsura-muki) and cut into thin sticks


3,  Cut green onion into thin slices
4,  Shred a seaweed sheet and put on a plate.  Place cut daikon radish on it and put green onion and dried bonito shaves then put ume plum dressing on it



It made me so refreshing so I could enjoy happy monday:))  Thanks umeboshi, you are great and love you♡

No comments:

Post a Comment