10/22/2012

Rice omelette with ume plum sauce



It seems I caught a cold yesterday because I was outside for long hours to see the regatta race.  When you catch a cold, what do you wanna eat?  For me, I get the urge to eat something mild and not so strong and salty.

The rice omelette today I made doesn't have strong taste but the more you chew it, the more flavorsome it becomes.  




When I made an Omu-rice (rice omelette),  I made an omelette and flavored rice separately but this time, I just mixed all ingredients of rice omelette and pan-broiled.  Even thought it's easy, the taste is great and complicated!!


Rice omelette with ume plum sauce (2 serves)
  • 1/2 pound of cooked rice
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 Tbs of mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbs of hijiki + 3 Tbs of water
Ume plum sauce
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 tsp of dashi powder
  • 3 pieces of ume plum
  • 1 green onion
  • 2 tbs of potato starch or corn starch + 4 tbs of water 

1,  Make ume plum sauce.  Cut a green onion into thin slices and Remove seeds from ume plum and chop into a past.  Boil water in a pan and add dashi powder, green onion and ume plum.  After that, add starch and water and boil until thick.



2,  Soak hijiki in water for 15 minutes of so.  Mix all ingredients of rice omelette except butter (This time I used Japanese anchovy but if you don't have it, that's totally fine)



4,  Heat a pan and 1 tsp of butter until butter melt and become light brown color.  After that,  add 1/2 of rice omelette ingredients and make omelette shape with spatula.  Make another omelets in this way.


5,  Place the omelette on at the plate and if you would like, you can tear seaweed seat and green onion




It has really deep and delicate taste.  Even if I don't have a cold, I want to eat it again!


Anyway, I'm gonna go to my bed hoping I can completely recover by tomorrow morning!  Have a good night :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kumiko.Long time no see.
    You cook real well;) Everything looks good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chii!! How are you? Me neither, long time no see you and really miss you!! When can you eat my cooking?! Talk to you soon and thanks for your comment!!

    ReplyDelete