10/17/2012

Daikon radish cake



I had dinner with my roommates tonight.  We ordered a home delivery pizza.  The pizza company said they could deliver in 20 minutes or so but actually we waited over 40 minutes but still pizza didn't come.  No way, thats too bad!  We were too hungry to wait so I made some appetizer quickly to stave off hunger.  We needed something to eat seriously!!


Daikon radish cake (4 pieces)
  • 1 cup of ground radish
  • 4 tbs of corn starch
  • 1 tbs of dashi powder
  • 1/2 cup of edamame
  • 1/2 cup of shrimp
  • 3 Tbs of cut green onion
  • 1 Tbs of sesame oil
  • Ponzu
  • White sesame seed


1,  Squeeze ground radish lightly

2,  Add corn starch and mix well.  Add shrimp, edamame, green onion and dashi powder then mix well again.

3,  Make 4 pieces of round shape and add a bit of corn starch on surface


4,  Heat a pan and sesame oil until quite hot.  Grill daikon radish cakes with medium fire pushing to make flat with a spatula until brown

5,  Remove from the pan to a plate.  Add ponzu and white sesame seed before eating



I was not sure if it's taste okay but actually it's really tasty!  The texture of surface is crispy but inside is soft chewy.  I think it's pretty similar to chinese radish cake but normally they use not corn starch but rice powder.  More than that, this recipe is much easier than traditional Chinese recipe!  I was glad to be able to make this recipe :)  Actually one of my roommates really hate any vegetables but even he could eat it because he didn't notice I used a radish.  I highly recommend this recipe for people who dislike vegetables.  



When the pizza came to home, we were so satisfied.  But of course, we enjoyed the pizza also.  Ummm... maybe too much??

No comments:

Post a Comment