10/23/2012

Chicken and eggplant donburi with ponzu mayonnaise sauce



Maybe because of autumn appetite??  Recently I have a vast appetite!!  Even though I had a cold, I wanted to eat something hearty meal.

The rice bowl today I made had kind of rich taste because I used mayonnaise for sauce but even so still I could taste refresh because I used ponzu sauce also.  Ponzu is made with citrus juice, dashi and soy sauce mainly so cyrus juice give really refresh favor!

Also this one has a lot of vegetable more than meat.  So I think it's super healthy... maybe...??


Chicken and eggplant donburi with ponzu mayonnaise sauce (1 serve)
  • 1/4 pound of chicken thigh
  • 1/4 pound of eggplant
  • 1/4 of onion
  • Cooked rice for 1 person
  • 1 Tbs of sesame oil
  • 1 tsp of garlic
  • 2 Tbs of ponzu
  • 1+1/2 Tbs of mayonnaise
  • salt
  • Black pepper

1,  Cut chicken thigh, egg plant and onion into small cubes.  Soak eggplant in water for 10 minutes.
2,  Chop garlic.  Heat a pan, garlic and sesame oil until quite hot then stir-fry chicken thigh until brown.  Add onion and stir-fry until pliant.
3,  Add eggplant and stir-fry again until pliant.  Add mayonnaise and ponzu and stir-fry quickly.
4,  Season with salt and black pepper




I am sure that for me autumn is the season for good appetite more than reading and arts!!


No comments:

Post a Comment