9/26/2012

Boiled Broccoli and Avocado dipped in sauce



A side dish served between main courses (箸休め) is really important for Japanese-style meal.  It makes you refresh during eating and also showes to advantage the deliciousness so much.  Actually my mom made so many kind of side dished every dinner time.  I would to show not only main dished but also side dished served between main courses from now on!

As a first side dished in Poppin' kitchen, I would like to show my favorite side dish which has an avocado I really love!  Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to make dash (Japanese soup stock) today so I used just a soup stock (dashi) powder this time.




Next time I wanna show you how to make dashi also!


Boiled Broccoli and Avocado dipped in sauce (2 serves)

  • 1/2 of broccoli
  • 1/2 of avocado
  • a small pack of dried bonito
  • 1/2 cup of hot water
  • 3 tsp of dashi powder
  • 2 Tbs of soy sauce
1,  Mix hot water and dashi powder very well
2,  Cut a broccoli into small pieces and boil in salted boiling water until enough soft
3,  Rise it with cold water and allow to cold
4,  Cut an avocado into bite-size pieces
5,  Put broccoli and avocado in a bowl and add dashi and soy sauce and leave over one hour in the fridge


This time I used broccoli and avocado but you can use any vegetable also!  I would be happy if you try this recipe with your favorite vegetable :)



No comments:

Post a Comment