9/18/2012

Chicken curry



There are so many kind of international restaurants here in Boston!  One of may favorite  restaurant is an Indian curry restaurant and I often go there.  I love indian style curry so much♡ But!  Sometime I really get the urge to eat Japanese curry, like just today!!!  So I stopped by a Japanese grocery store to see if they sold some Japanese curry roux and fortunately I found it with really cheap price because they did a clearance sale!!  I was so lucky :)


I bought this one!  The name is "Kokumaro".  (I am not a secret spy from this company...)


Because this has both of English direction and Japanese direction!  Also I used to use this one when I was in Japan.


The roux is this!  This has so many spices that you don't need to add any seasoning and can make so delicious curry easily!!


Anyway, I am so hungry!  So let's start cooking!!


Chicken curry (5〜7 serves)
  • 2 slices of chicken thigh
  • 3 carrots
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 and 1/2 onions
  • 1/2 pack of mushroom
  • 1/2 pack of curry roux
  • 2 Tbs of olive oil
  • 2 Tbs of chopped garlic
  • 3+1/2 cups of water (700ml)

1,  Cut carrots, onion and chicken thigh into bite-size chunks and onion into thick slices

2,  Heat a deep pot until quite hot and add olive oil and garlic then stir-fry with low fire

3,  After you smell garlic, add onion and stir-fry with medium fire until light brown and pliant
4,  Add chicken and stir-fry until outside become light brown
5,  Add onion and carrot and stir-fry for about 5 minutes
6,  Add water and cover the pot and boil it with medium fire over 15 minutes
7,  Make sure that the potato and carrot is completely soft, turn off the fire and add the roux and melt it completely
8,   Boil it for 20 minutes


Actually, the direction of this package doesn't say you need a garlic and need to stir-fry onion slices until brown and pliant.  But I think it's really important to make nice curry!!  Also it is important to boil curry until all vegetable become completely soft.  Otherwise you have to eat soggy and weak curry.

I made a lot of curry tonight.  Curry can be more delicious next day than that day.  So I think I will have curry by the end of this week and make something different with this curry :)



☆☆Related recipe☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment