9/29/2012

Candied Japanese sweet potato



Suppose to be so chilly tomorrow as usual.  It seems like the autumn has quite arrived at Boston.  In autumn, I really get the urge to eat Japanese sweet potatoes which is a little moisture, seems to soft and be smooth.  In Japan, we can get really tasty one especially in autumn!




It has really sweet taste so you don't have to add so much sugar when you cook it.  Even just bake is totally fine and taste so good!  Also it has a lot of vitamins and fiber.  That's why it is got attention as a healthy ingredients and people, especially young women,  love it!


Fortunately, I could find it at one Japanese grocery store!  I think you can find at asian grocery store or even some grocery store does have.  I highly recommend to try it when you find!


Candied Japanese sweet potato
  • 3/4  pound of Japanese sweet potatoes
  • canola oil
  • 3 Tbs of sugar (☆)
  • 3 Tbs of mirin(☆)
  • 2 Tbs of water(☆)
  • 1/4 tsp of soy sauce(☆)
  • 1/4 tsp of vinegar(☆)
  • black sesame seed

1,  Wash Japanese sweet potatoes and cut into bigger bite-size

2,  Soak in water and leave for 10 minutes
3,  Put canola oil in a pan and heat with medium fire until oil become hot
4,  Pan fry it tuning upside down sometime until soft

5,  Remove from the pan and put on the cooler

6,  Mix all (☆) in a small bowl and add to a pan and heat with low fire
7,  After the sauce makes big babbles and become thick, add fried potatoes and mix them very well until the sauce become really thick and sticky.


8,  Put on the cooler again and add black sesame seed


Actually I was so tired because I helped a Japanese festival all the day.  But this sweet potato made me invigorate a lot!  It seemed like just I needed something sweets, haha, I am simple :)   I made this maybe too much amount so I'll make some sweets with candied sweet potato.  Can be so tasty!!


No comments:

Post a Comment