9/03/2012

Green tea yogurt parfait



I first met greek yogurt in America.  I had never seen and of course tried it when I was in Japan.  After I tried it one time, I was really obsessed with the magic of it and then I am eating greek yogurt every morning.  It is really thick, creamy like a cream cheese!!

The difference between greek yogurt and normal yogurt is that greek yogurt has one more process which is "drain" after lactic acid fermentation.  That's why greek yogurt is so creamy!
I think it is good to make some sweets with greek yogurt because you don't have to wait for a long time to drain and it's much healthier to use yogurt that heavy cream.


Green tea yogurt parfait
  • 1 cup of greek yogurt (150g/ 5.3OZ)
  • 1 tea spoon of green tea powder
  • 2 tea spoon of brown sugar
  • 1/2 tea spoon of vanilla extract
  • 2 full cracker sheets of graham crackers
  • raspberry
  • blackberry
  • chopped walnuts
  1. Put greek yogurt, green tea powder, vanilla extract and brown sugar into a small bowl and mix them very well
  2. Crash graham crackers finely
  3. Cut raspberry and blackberry in half
  4. Put crashed graham crackers, chopped walnuts and half cut berries in the glass
  5. Put mixed yogurt on it
  6. Repeat step 4 and 5
  7. Sprinkle extra green tea powder and put some berries on top of the parfait



I really love this one!  You can make quickly so it is good for your breakfast too. (Actually I made this for breakfast. )  I can't wait to make other sweets with greek yogurt again.  Could be so exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment