9/16/2012

Eggplant miso sandwich



I bought a lot of eggplants at sale!  But unfortunately, these are kind of old so I think I should use in 3 days or so.  Japanese people often cook eggplants with miso.  Eggplants go together very well with miso and they gets along extremely well with white rice!  I was thinking maybe which means they go with bread also??  So this noon I tried to make an eggplant miso sandwich for my brunch.



Eggplant miso sandwich

  • 2 slices of white bread
  • 1 eggplant
  • 1 green onion
  • 1 tsp of chopped ginger
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 Tbs of sesame oil
  • 2 tsp of miso (☆)
  • 2 Tbs of mirin (☆)
  • 2 tsp of sugar (☆)
  • 1 Tbs of sake or water (☆)
  • 1 tsp of sesame seed
  • 1 handful of cheese
  • mayonnaise
1,  Cut a green onion and avocado into thick slice, an eggplant into cube
2,  Mix all of (☆) in a small bowl
3,  Toast breads and spread mayonnaise
4,  Heat a pan until quite hot and add sesame oil and chopped ginger and then stir-fry with low fire
5,  Add green onion and eggplant and stir-fry well with medium fire
6,  After eggplant become pliant, add (☆) and stir-fry until extract water and add sesame seed
7,  Turn off fire and add cheese and melt it after-heat
8,  Put avocado and cooked eggplant on the bread and sand with another bread



Actually, the reason I made not rice bowl but sandwich was just I was too hungry to wait making cooked rice lol  Anyway, it was so delicious and all right in the end :))


By the way, so beautiful outside!!  Oh, I should have eaten the sandwich outside!!!  I think this sandwich goes with green tea more than coffee or tea.  Next time, definitely...

No comments:

Post a Comment