So many people moved on September 1st in Boston! One of my friends did also and I helped him. After his moving, we had a moving party tonight. He loves pasta and Japanese seasoning so I tried to make some pasta with Japanese seasoning.
Do you know "Yuzu-pepper" (柚子胡椒) ? Yuzu is a kind of Japanese citrus. It has so nice flavor and is very popular in Japan. Yuzu-pepper sounds like a black pepper but actually tastes not like. It is mainly made from yuzu, green chili and salt. It is not just hot but also full of citrus flavor. Japanese people use this seasoning for yakitori, Udon and Nabe... Anyway, Japanese people love it and of course my friend and I love so much also!!
◆Yuzu pepper cream pasta (For 2 people)
- 1/2 pond Fettucine pasta
- Boiled water
Yuzu cream sauce
- 1/2 pond chicken thigh
- 1 pack of spinach
- 1/2 pack of mushroom
- Olive oil
- 3 Table spoon of butter
- 3 Table spoon of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1+1/2 Table spoon of yuzu-pepper
1. Cut chicken thigh into bite-size and put a little bit of salt and black pepper and mix them very well with your hand
2. Put butter on a small pan and heat with low fire
3. After butter melted, add flour bit by bit and mix them very well with low fire
4. Add milk bit by bit and mix them very well
5. Add yuzu-pepper and mix them very well. Try to taste and add some salt if you would like.
6. Put some olive oil on another bigger pan and stir-fry chicken with medium fire
7. Put mushroom and spinach and stir-fry them
8. Remove the cream sauce from a small pan to the pan which has chicken, mushroom and spinach and mix them very well
9. Boil pasta in boiled water added salt in time mentioned on the package minus 1〜2 minutes
10. After pasta is done, put the pasta and 2 Table spoon of cooked liquid into the cream sauce and mix them very well
The cream sauce went with Yuzu-pepper so much! It was happy moment and we were not tired anymore because it's so delicious!!