9/04/2012

Minced Tofu with lettuce wrap



Oh, I have a lots of lettuces in the fridge but it's kind of difficult for me to eat lots of lettuces at a time.  Umm... that's why I was thinking how to cook lettuces for dinner from last night and then Korean lettuce I had at a broiled meat restaurant came to my mind suddenly!  When I went to Korea and a broiled meat restaurant there, I wrapped meat with Korean lettuce and ate.  It was nice because I could ate a lot of lettuce with meat and I didn't need to order salad or some vegetable.  Alright,  I tried to make something like Korean lettuces dish tonight.  I think it's healthy!!  In addition, I didn't use any meat and used Tofu instead of meat. (Actually, I just noticed that I didn't have any meat in the fridge after I started cooking...haha ) Anyway, I think it's much healthier and better for health maybe, don't you think??


Minced Tofu with lettuce wrap

Minced Tofu
  • 1/2 pack of extra firm tofu
  • 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
  • 1 tea spoon of chopped ginger
  • 1 tea spoon of chopped garlic
  • 1 Table spoon of sesame oil
  • 1 Table spoon of miso (☆)
  • 2 Table spoons of mirin (☆)
  • 1 tea spoon of soy sauce (☆)
  • 1 tea spoon of sugar (☆)
  • 1 tea spoon of Gouchujang (☆)
Gouchujang and mayonnaise sauce
  • Mayonnaise (★)
  • Gouchujang (★)

  • Lettuce

  1. Wrap Tofu with kitchen paper and put heat in a microwave oven for one minute for draining excess liquid
  2. Put (☆) into a small bowl and mix them very well
  3. Put (★) into another  small bowl and mix them very well
  4. Heat a pan until quite hot and add sesame oil, ginger and garlic and stir-fry with low fire
  5. Add Tofu and mix and stir-fry over medium fire chopping Tofu with a wooden spatula
  6. Chop Tofu until it is chopped in tiny pieces stir-frying
  7. Add mixed (☆) in the pan and keep stir-frying over medium fire
  8. Add chopped walnuts and stir-fry quickly
  9. Put minced Tofu, Gouchujang sauce and washed lettuces on the plate








Actually, you can eat any vegetables with this wrap if you would like.  I wrapped avocado and it was really nice combination!

I felt like I was at a broiled meat restaurant even thought I didn't have any meat!  I ate so many lettuce with this minced Tofu.  I am so full up to the throat now but I believe it's healthy health healthy.....


☆☆Related recipe☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment