9/07/2012

Tofu with vegetable ponzu thick sauce


Do you know "Ponzu"?  It is a citrus based Japanese sauce which is mainly made from citrus juice, soy sauce and dashi (Japanese soup stock).  It is widely used for Japanese food, for example, grilled fish, shabu-shabu, steamed vegetable and tofu etc.  I like ponzu so much because it makes any food delicious so easily.

I was so tired today and wanted to make something quickly!  That's why I was so happy when I remembered that I had a bottle of ponzu in the fridge because I could make dinner without so many seasoning and I was sure more than that it would be definitely taste so good!!!


Tofu with vegetable ponzu thick sauce (For 2 people)
  • 1/2 pack of tofu
  • 1 Tbs of sesame oil
  • 1/2 carrot
  • 5 pieces of snow peas
  • 1/2 pack of enoki mushroom
  • 2 Tbs of ponzu (☆)
  • 4 Tbs of water (☆)
  • 1 tsp of potato starch (☆)


1,  Cut tofu in thick slices and cover all side with potato starch
2,  Mix all of (☆) in a small bowl
3,  Cut carrot, snow pea in thin slices and cut enoki mushroom half

4,  Heat a pan until quite and add sesame oil with low fire
5,  Add sliced and covered with potato starch tofu and grill with medium fire until brown
6,  Heat another pan until quite and add oil with low fire
7,  Add cut vegetables and stir-fry them quickly
8,  Add mixed (☆) and boil until thick


It took less than 15 minutes to make this dish including clean up time.  That's great!!  Ponzu flavor always makes me feel fresh and I can forget tiredness.  Actually ponzu has a lot of citric acid more than normal vinegar.  That's why I wanted to eat ponzu tonight I think!  I recommend ponzu when you are tired so please try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment