9/06/2012

Teriyaki eggplant


I went to a grocery store and found a huuuuuge eggplant!  I know american eggplants are much bigger than Japanese one but the eggplant I saw there was enormously huge!  It was almost as big as a Japanese radish seriously!  I bought it immediately because it deserved to be a main dish.


Teriyaki eggplant
  • 1 eggplant
  • flour
  • 1 Tbs of sesame oil
  • 2 Tbs of soy sauce (☆)
  • 2 Tbs of mirin (☆)
  • 2 Tbs of honey (☆)
  • green onion
  • white sesame seed

1.  Mix all of  (☆) very well in a small bowl
2.  Cut a green onion in thin round slices
3.  Cut an eggplant in round slices and cover both side with flour
4.  Heat a pan until quite and add sesame with low fire
5.  Add eggplants and grill both side of them with medium fire until brown
6.  Add mixed (☆) and boil down 
7.  Serve it on a plate and put cut green onion and white sesame seed



It was first time for me to make any vegetable teriyaki and I realized that teriyaki flavor went with vegetable also.  I would like to try to make other kind of vegetables teriyaki sometime soon!

Oh by the way, I forgot to take some pictures of the huge eggplant!  I really regret about that!  I should have taken a picture and showed how big it was...;(


☆☆Related recipe☆☆
Teriyaki chicken and eggplant pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment