9/15/2012

Chicken ketchup rice



Do you know chicken rice?  I though it was western or American food but actually that's not true and it's a one of Japanese food.  It's really really popular in Japan and everybody loves it, of course I do too!!  I have never heard that somebody dislike this food.

I made chicken rice tonight and the chicken rice brought back memories because I often ate it when I was kids.


Chicken ketchup rice
  • 2 bowls of cooked rice
  • 1 slice of chicken thigh
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1/2 pack of mushroom
  • 1 tsp of chopped garlic
  • 1 Tbs of butter
  • 4~5 Tbs of tomato ketchup
  • 1 Tbs of soy sauce
  • 2 tsp of sugar
  • Salt
  • Pepper

  1.  Cut onion and mushroom into tiny cube and chicken into dice
  2. Heat a pan until quit hot and add butter and melt it
  3. Add chopped garlic until smell and add chicken and stir-fry until brown with medium fire
  4. Add onion and mushroom and stir-fry with medium fire
  5. Add sugar, soy sauce and tomato ketchup in order and stir-fry well
  6. Add cooked rice and stir-fry and add a little bit of salt and pepper


☆☆Related recipe☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment