9/23/2012

Hamburg with Japanese style onion sauce




One of cooking process of works I really hate is to chop and grate onions.  Onion makes my eye so painful and I always cry when I do that.  Even though that, sometime I get the urge to eat a hamburg which has lots of onions.  Some people were surprised because I used so many onions but I didn't think its too much and I highly recommend this recipe!!


Hamburg with Japanese style onion sauce (4 serves)
  • 1 pound of ground beef and pork
  • an egg
  • an onion
  • 1 Tbs of butter
  • 1/4 cups of panko
  • 2 Tbs of onion
  • salt
  • pepper
Japanese onion sauce
  • 2 onions
  • 4 Tbs of mirin
  • 4 Tbs of soy sauce
  • 2 Tbs of butter
1,  Chop an onion for hamburg and grate 2 onions for sauce
2,  Heat a pan unti quite hot and put butter then stir-fry onion with low fire until light brown
3,  Soak panko in milk
4,  After the onion become cool down, mix all ingredients of the hamburg and knead into gruel
5,  Make 4 pieces of round shape and dent center
6,  Heat another pan and add canola oil until quite hot and grill humbugs with medium fire until brown

7,  Put grated onions in same pan and stir-fry until light brown
8,  Add mirin and say sauce and stir-sry
9,  After reduce the sauce, turn off fire and add butter

10,  Put the hamburgs on the dish and add onion sauce




During the dinner, I was thinking that the process that I chopped and grated onions with so much pain deserved such a delicious hamburg!  Now I am thinking I don't want to chop onions more but maybe I will get urge to eat this hamburg sometime soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment